Thank Yous and Kudos
- Congratulations to the 8100 Team, the 6100 Team and the Library for winning the Inaugural Holiday Hallway Decorating Contest. It was a difficult decision for judges, Dr. Pat Gablinske, SRO Bartholomew, Mr. James Hallal and Ms. Ashley Bouley. From the pictures below you can see the amazing creativity displayed by all of the staff and students.
- Congratulations to the following 6200 Students for being awarded Students of the Month!
- Simone Trivino for Respect
- Sylvia Gray and Sullivan Gray for Responsibility
- Madelyn Eighme for Resilience
- The FLMS Boys and Girls Basketball Teams started their season with strong victories over Dighton Middle School. The girls took a small lead into halftime, 14-12, but were able to find their pace and ran away with the game 46 to 24. Kendyll Riedl, Taryn Madsen and Ava Dixon led the scoring with 8 points each. The boys engaged in a defensive battle, winning 28-17 behind the scoring and rebounding of Nate Levesque. Go Falcons!
- The Friends of the Falcon are pleased to announce their Student Leaders for the 2019-20 school year. Congratulations to Ella Choi, Sophia El-Ghadi, Niamh Gallagher, Isabel Keane, Katie Mello and Olivia Pereira. Mrs. Toolin would also like to thank all of the students that tried out for these leadership positions.
Today is the last day of Term 1. Grades are closed and teachers will be calculating final averages over the next week. Final grades will be posted next Friday, December 13.
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on December 12 (12:00-2:30PM) and December 19 (6:00-8:00PM). We are using an online scheduling tool, PTCFast.com, to ease the process of signing up for conferences. A letter was sent home with the students this week explaining the process for making appointments. If you are having trouble, contact the main office and ask for Chris Kenworthy who will be able to get you set up.
A reminder that the FLMS PTO Holiday Fundraiser is underway and has been extended to December 9th. Students can register online and then sell the items to friends and family. Students get a free bag of popcorn for every three items sold.
On Friday, December 13th, the 8th Graders will be visiting Apponequet Regional High School during the school day to learn more about all of the wonderful options that the school has to offer. There will be a presentation by the administration and staff as well as a tour of the building.
The FLMS Chorus and Band cordially invites you to attend this year’s Holiday concerts. The musicians have been working very hard to prepare for the show and are excited to demonstrate their impressive talents.
6th Grade Chorus and Band
Tuesday December 10, 2019
Band - 6:00 PM
Chorus - 6:30 PM
7th and 8th Grade Chorus and Band
Tuesday December 17, 2019
7th Chorus - 5:30 PM
7th and 8th Band - 6:15 PM
8th Chorus - 7:00 PM
Students need to arrive 15 minutes prior to their concert time.
- The Friends of the Falcon group has rescheduled its afternoon Movie Event to December 16th in the FLMS Auditorium from 2:30 - 4:30. We will be watching the holiday classic, ELF. A $3 donation would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to attend, please deliver your signed permission slip to the Guidance Office by December 13th.
- Freetown Lakeville Campus Programs announces it 2019-2020 Intramural Swimming Program (Winter Session). The session starts on December 3. Please go to the Campus Programs section of the district website, www.freelake.org, for more information. You can also contact the swim coach at email@example.com.
Holiday Hallway Decorations
Please enjoy the photos of the amazing decorations created by the staff and students.