What Is Baton Twirling?
Baton twirling is a sport involving the manipulation of a baton by moving the hands and wrists in quick rhythmic motions. Baton twirling is great for developing hand-eye coordination and balance! Most of all its fun to learn a new skill get involved and spend time with your friends!
About Our Program
The Freetown – Lakeville majorette program has had a consistent presence throughout the district for the past 40 years. The Majorette program provides students in grades .3 -12 with the opportunity to participate in this unique, school sponsored extra-curricular activity. The majorette program offers students the opportunity to grow as twirlers from the elementary grades all the way through High School graduation, a feature that no other extra-curricular activities can offer. This consistency allows students to build strong relationships with friends and coaches for years to come. During the months which the majorette program takes place, the students are supervised and coached by a staff with extensive experience as both coaches and twirling themselves. The staff makes learning to twirl, even as a beginner easy and fun for everyone!
Who Can Participate
· Students currently enrolled in grades 3 – 12.
· 3rd Grade students participate in our recreational and development program, and can compete as an exhibition team during competitions
· Students in grades 4-12 participate on our competition teams
· All Majorette Practices are held in the Middle School
· Grades 4 – 12 practice Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 – 5:30
· 3rd Grade Students will practice only on Thursdays from 3:45-5:30
· There is a free homework club from 2:30-3:30 in the conference room in the middle school. Buses from surrounding schools will bring twirlers to the middle school.
· Baton, Baton Shoes, & Costumes
· Everything will be order by the Coach
· No need for outside purchases
Please Contact Coach Christine for Information and How to Join!
Coach’s e-mail: email@example.com